Saturday, December 13, 2008

Made it to phoenix safely, after almost missing both of my flights. I got up at 4 am to get to the airport and had to flat out run to my gate, as my name was being announced over the PA system. just as they were about to close the door, I fly around the corner yelling "Im here! Im here!" clearly the other passengers waiting for flights found this amusing and one of them called out "have a safe flight rebecca!" Needless to say, my first encounter flying alone was quite stressful.

As soon as I arrived in Phoenix I was picked up by Fear Before and we hit up a mexican fast food place, I believe it was called Filberto's mexican cuisine. Once we made our stop we were on our way through the dusty desert terrain of Arizona, finally arriving in Barstow, California around 6pm. By the time DR Manhattan played I had been awake for 17 hours and wasn't feeling all that great, I contemplated the idea of not shooting, but the thought of flying all the way across the country to pass up this opportunity made me think twice, and the photos I ended up with turned out awesome. keep in mind these have not been edited! 





















1 comment:

brentgervais said...

Looking good, hope there's more coming! I'm glad you made it and that the whole thing's coming together. I'll be keeping tabs on you!