Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hello

Its been a while since my last post, so I thought I would update you on what I have been doing in the past few months.

I completed my final portfolio for school and received a mark that I was not expecting – an A. Everyone said that receiving the same mark both years of the program was near impossible, but I did it. And its not the A that makes me deliriously happy, it’s the consistency.

Looking back at my first day seems almost surreal. I had no idea what I was doing– I didn’t even know how to shoot manually. Now two years later I am graduating with a wealth of knowledge and a humble dose of confidence that will carry me into the next chapter of my life knowing that I have the ability to create something worth while.

My second major accomplishment in the last few months was my second gallery showing. We held our annual exhibition at the ADOBE building this year and I must say – it was fantastic! So many people came out that our giant room was almost full!

The exhibition was one of the best nights of my life. To see all of my fellow students together for the last time was wonderful, and left me slightly nostalgic. The most memorable moment was the awards ceremony when they announced the winner of the SLIK Portfolio Award, which is given to the student who has demonstrated the highest level of creativity and technical proficiency in photography. When my name was called, the tunnel vision began.

The past two years have changed me in so many ways. I have found something that completes me, and I will never be alone as long as I have my camera by my side.

So what’s my game plan - what am I going to do with my life now that I am finished school? I am going to shoot as much as possible. I have an exhibition in the works right now with a gallery on Wellington. Were looking at the end of June beginning of July.

I plan to shoot, edit, print, matte, and frame a whole exhibition by myself. I probably should be horrified right now, but strangely enough I am more then excited to begin this giant project. I will keep you all updated on what’s happening and when the final date will be.

Meanwhile – Here are a few shots from my award winning (God I love the sound of that) Portfolio and also from the Exhibition. ENJOY!

No comments: