Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tragedy

As I was preparing for a beauty shoot that I will be doing for The Dinner Jacket Magazine this evening, I came across some of my older tare sheets that inspired me while I was in school. My favorite tare to date, is a beauty shoot that was shot by Hamish Kippen in 2008.

I decided to look up his website to see what he has been doing lately, only to find out that on October 21, 2008, Hamish Kippen passed away. He was only 21 years of age. I am deeply saddened by this turn of events, to loose someone so young, so creative, and bound for success in our industry has left me shaken.

An exhibition featuring his work will be held from October 2nd-October 31 2009 at The Great Hall Gallery, 1087 Queen St West (at Dovercourt) in Toronto.

Along with the exhibition - a book has been published by his family and friends, and will be launched at the exhibition this Friday, October 2nd.

I have attached the original tare that first caught my eye in August 2008, as well as some of Hamish's other work. He truly was amazing.

© Hamish Kippen 2008








No comments: