Thursday, July 30, 2009

new and old

I recently received a new old camera, and I am in love with it! He is a Hawk-Eye by Eastman Kodak from 1926 and he takes 120 film! His name is Ron. I named him after the wonderful friend that gave me this camera.

yesterday I went to pick up some expired 35mm film from a lady in ottawa - she invited me into her apartment and I must say, not only is this woman extremely creative, she is overwhelmingly generous. I walked in to pick up film, and left with three film cameras, and three lenses. I am going to shoot her current art project in the next month - she could be the next andy warhol!
Among the lenses in the photos, I also received a fixed 135mm, fixed 35mm, fixed 50mm, and a tele-converter.

please excuse the softness of the photos- my hands are shaky today!


all images © Rebecca Leach 2009

2 comments:

MEGAN BIRD said...

Wow! Lucky you! What a score!

the Doug said...

Very cool! Enjoy them!